City Honors & Awards
Modesto. The name of our city is derived from the Spanish word, "Modest," but as you can see, we have a lot to brag about! Here, we chronicle our awards and recognition. Find out all the ways Modesto is a terrific place to live, work and play.
- Modesto Rates 8 out of 150 Best Cities for Summer Jobs (PDF)
- Modesto doughnut shop ranks among top 15 in nation (PDF)
- 7 Tulip Farms To Visit In America (PDF)
- 2016 National Night Out Award Winner
- 2016 Digital Cities_ Winners Focus on Transparency, Security, Infrastructure
- Modesto, California A Model for a Bicycle-Friendly City- Streetsblog California (PDF)
- 9 Companies as Cool as Google - Hiring Now! - Glassdoor Blog (PDF)
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Modesto Before You Move There - Movoto (PDF)
- Most Fun Cities in California, As Ranked in New Report - Los Alamitos, CA Patch (PDF)
The City of Modesto has been a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) entitlement city for over twenty years. It has successfully managed over $70 million in HUD program funding, awarding grants to thousands of recipients through federal programs. Read on...