Outdoor Dining Permits

Per the City of Modesto’s ordinance 3407-C.S., an encroachment permit is required for all dining areas in the public right of way. Every owner business operator who desires to place chairs or tables in a public sidewalk, alley, court, or street must first submit an application for an outdoor dining permit.  To submit an application please email encroachmentpermit@modestogov.com.

Click here to apply on-line.